PARISH COUNCIL ADVISORY REGARDING THE CORONAVIRUS
March 5, 2020
Dear Parishioners of Saint Thomas Greek Orthodox Church,
As the current 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak continues to evolve, our parish is taking certain measures to ensure the safety of our parishioners and guests.
- We will be installing sanitizing stations in the Narthex which include an alcohol-based hand rub in high traffic areas, for our parishioners’ and guests’ use.
- We will continue using sanitizing solutions during the regular nightly cleaning of all areas of the Church building after services, especially commonly touched areas.
- We will provide sanitizing wipes in the narthex and we will make sure that the Holy Icons will be cleaned.
Please be mindful of the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) below.
• Stay informed – CDC is updating its website daily with the latest information and advice for the public. (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html )
• Avoid close contact with sick people.
• While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible.
• We ask that you stay home if you are sick with fever or vomiting and do not come to Church.
We have issued separate guidelines for the Hellenic School. We will continue monitoring the situation and adjusting our response.
Charles Sandilos Very Rev. Archimandrite
Parish Council President Parish Priest